Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introducing...

My name is Emma Bartholomay and I'm from the very small town of Greenwich, NY.

I have an older sister, Zoe, and I live with both of my parents.

Ever since I was 2 years old, I declared I was going to wear a party dress every day of my life. I really stuck to my guns.

I have a mini doxie, Penny, who basically has the same personality as me.
A fun media experience I had while on vacation was watching the film "I'm Not There", which was meant to depict the many facets of Bob Dylan's personality throughout his career. This film had amazing visuals, great music, and several different really unique ways to look at one person; I thought the whole concept was very fascinating, and the movie was very well done.
One thing I like about 21st century media is that it keeps people much more connected. I have friends in Germany and Nepal that I could never stay in contact with otherwise. I also really like 21st century media because it allows for the sharing of many different media. I graduated from a regular high school as well as a classical piano school, and I am able to share the videos of my performances with friends and family very easily.
For example, this is the video of my performance at my Senior Recital. I was the finale in the show and performed "Ungarisch" by MacDowell.



At the same time, I feel like 21st century media also has a way of disconnecting people (texting instead of calling, emailing instead of talking..) -all of the ways that we communicate to be more efficient can make things a lot more impersonal, which I think is the major flaw of media in our society. In terms of my vision for my future, I don't have a really clear picture of what I want to do. I don't have a specific job in mind. I have a lot of time to figure it out, and I think a number of things could work.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent introductory blog post, Emma.

    Nice use of images - why not move your embedded video piano performance up higher?

    Welcome to the blogosphere,

    Phineas

    ReplyDelete